Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Vin Diesel Opens Up About Sexiest Man Alive Snub


Today, People Magazine announced their choice for 2014’s sexiest man alive with Chris Hemsworth taking home the prize, we were talking today with Vin Diesel about the upcoming Fast and Furious sequel "Furious 7" when he was told the news of the magazines decision.

"Each year I think I'm a quiet front runner but then when you get news like this, it’s a little unexpected” said the 47 year old actor while in Pittsburg filming his latest movie The Last Witch Hunter. "Ever since I gave my fantastic performance as Private Adrian Caparzo in Saving Private Ryan and my breakout roll in The Fast and The Furious, I thought I was a shoe in for the title”.

Diesel was named sexiest man alive by Glamour Magazine in 2013 and 2014. 

Despite being outside the average age of sexist man alive winners (39 years), Diesel still speaks positively of how much age plays in the vetting process. “I know at 47 i’m older than most of the people being considered, but Harrison Ford won it at age 56, and Sean Connery at age 59. I still have 12 high quality years to be chosen, and i’d be very surprised if next year isn’t my year, but even if it’s not, i would still have 11 years were i would say i was in at least the top 3 to be chosen, if not top 5."

When asked his thoughts on Hemsworth, Diesel said “I like Chris, he is a great actor and a friend. I attended his and his wife baby shower for their new twins. Does he deserve it, yes. Would some people say that there are other that have paid their dues in the industry and may have been overlooked for the title, i think so.”

Vin Diesel who is coming off of his part in the highest grossing movie of the year with The Guardians of The Galaxy, hopes to see the same success when the long anticipated Furious 7 is realized in the spring of 2015.

No comments: